The New Deal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The New Deal

This is [FDR] The New Deal's fleet page.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat

Go down 
+3
beano
Roger Rabbit
bridge
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bridge

ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Empty
PostSubject: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Copied from the internal Fleet Leader Chat (Oops - didn't notice that when I sent out the Mass Mail).

As I mentioned, we now have 41 ECAIs.

In response to the question of what we shoudl do, , I believe that having 41 ECAIs in the armory (plus the occasional speculation item) is overkill.

I am considering trading some of the ECAIs that I have for CPAIs and C3ETs.

I have a couple of considerations:

1) I believe that the C3ETs are used more than CPAIs, so I would tend towards aquiring these, assuming the price was right.

2) Many generous fleet members have donated money to the fleet, in exchange for me putting ECAIs on long-term loan to the fleet. If I were to exchange the ECAIs for CPAIs or C3ETs, while keeping the overall value the same (or increasing it), would anybody feel that the this is a fair deal? I don't want to be seen as violating the spirit of the donations that were previously made.
Back to top Go down
Roger Rabbit

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 pm

My intention with the ECAIs was to help get to the 30/30/30 level.

So I vote for getting the C3ETs up to the same # as the CPAIs and reevaluating then.
Back to top Go down
beano

beano

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 pm

I was just about to do that! Wink

Current status is the fleet now has 37 Effys AIs - I've traded my CPAI on long term loan to the fleet in exchange for 3 Effy AIs. If people feel this isn't appropriate I can reverse the trade. In all fairness Effy's are worth about 20-22.5 mil atm, and a CPAI 65-71 MIl so the fleet is a winner here.

As a result we have an "excess" of 7 Effy AIs (bearing in mind we want to have a 30/30/30 coat as our main aim).

So I would be in favour of either Bridge or the fleet trading 7 of the Effys for either a C3ET or a couple of CPAIs which seems to be about the right valuation. As we have a couple of CPAIs for speculation we could easily swap over "speculation" tag and have 2 CPAIs permanently in the fleet. On the other hand another C3ET would be nice!

What do people think we should do?
Back to top Go down
Cyragon

Cyragon

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

I seldom, if ever use the ECAIs. That may be because I don't understand where they may be of the best use on my part.

I do use the C3ETs more than the CPAIs. That's mostly because during the work day I can have them in and out in about 15 minutes versus having to keep track & remember the CPAIs for an hour. A lot can happen in that time to distract me or pull me away.

However, given that I haven't donated nearly what those who have come before me have, I withhold my vote. I'm good with whatever is decided.
Back to top Go down
Bartleby

Bartleby

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 pm

I think working toward the 30/30/30 goal is a good idea. I personally use C3ETs almost exclusively. I don't have the patience to squeeze every last drop out of research. I usually wait till I've got full research and hit it. In that case, increasing the smaller number (energy) gets the best result.

So, personally, I'm most in favor of C3ETs.
Back to top Go down
Intentional Stance

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 am

I use all three types of research gear. I use the CPAIs when I am at home and playing for many hours while doing other thinks as this maximises research. I use the C3's when popping in and out or when I am also levelling so don't want to spend too much time in a coat.

I use the effies too. I equip 8 when going off line so that I have a running start on research when I come back later. I also use them if the CPAIs are out - very often the CPAIs will be back before the effies are full.

All that being said - I agree we have more effies than we need and too few C3's
Back to top Go down
bridge

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 am

Keep in mind that rules are not cast in stone.

If we maintain an armory of 40 ECAIs, we could change the rules to allow a pirate to be off-line with 10 ECAIs.

If we were to have 60 ECAIs, we could allow pirates to be off-line with 15 ECAIs.

I'm working on the principle that we are unlikely to have more than 4 people using the ECAIs at any one time (assuming that two people are using CPAIs)

Bridgeburners
Back to top Go down
beano

beano

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 pm

I think the 40 -60 Effys should be a long term target after the rest of the gear. I think we need to concentrate on the really heavy gear first. Smile
Back to top Go down
Billy Joe Bob
Admin
Billy Joe Bob

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Keep in mind that Bridge owns nearly all of the Effies that the fleet has.

6 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
7 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
8 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
9 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
10 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
11 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
12 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
13 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
14 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
15 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners

17 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
18 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
19 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners

21 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners

24 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
25 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
26 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
27 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners
28 ECAI - Long Term Loan from Bridgeburners

While this is not really a problem, it could be argued that the fleet only really owns 11 EACI's. :P

Personally I am all for trading the "excess" EACI's for CPAI's and E-techs.
Back to top Go down
https://thenewdeal.forumotion.com
Billy Joe Bob
Admin
Billy Joe Bob

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:48 pm

BTW

Anyone know the score on those 5 cpai's we have for speculation?
Back to top Go down
beano

beano

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Well there's 7 "extra" Effy's so either the fleet can trade and upgrade or Bridge can. Smile

We have access to them all anyway. Smile (thanks Bridge!)
Back to top Go down
Billy Joe Bob
Admin
Billy Joe Bob

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:32 am

Consenus seems to be trade or sell them. So it has been said, so it shall be written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat   ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ECAIs and the Future of the Fleet Labcoat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Deal :: Main Forum :: Fleet Goals-
Jump to: