The New Deal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The New Deal

This is [FDR] The New Deal's fleet page.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Goals for FDR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Billy Joe Bob
Admin
Billy Joe Bob

New Goals for FDR Empty
PostSubject: New Goals for FDR   New Goals for FDR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:00 pm

The fleet has achived an epic and goal, one that was set less than a year ago when the fleet was founded. We now have a 100% complete labcoat. pirate

Go us! I want to point out how instrumental some of our members were in achieving this goal. My name will not be on this this list because while I got things rolling for FDR, and put a lot of effort in, these guys took the ball and ran with it. Through herculean effort, massive donations, and a almost insane dedication to the one goal of bettering the fleet they helped finish the labcoat.

Bridgeburners- Since joining the fleet Bridge has been donating points, items, time, and effort to the betterment of the fleet. While I was away he and Comsat ran the fleet and helped it grow. Thanks Bridge. We literally could not have done this without your help.

Comsat Angel- Comsat has always been one of the most colorful and active members of the fleet. When I lost my internet connection I hardly knew him, and when I came back, he and bridge had forged ahead with the fleet. Comsat has been focused on finishing the labcoat with a single minded intensity that is almost frightening. The consummate wheeler and dealer, most of the equipment in the fleet armory has Comsats grubby finger prints on them somewhere. Very Happy Great work man.

Beano- Beano is one of the original fleet members, and probably the guy who has the most fun playing the game. He has put off getting a Dread Mk V to donate a ridiculous amount of gear to the armory on our word that we will someday pay him back. Damn man. Thanks for your dedication and trust.

There are lots of other guys in the fleet who have made enormous contributions to the fleet, and I don't want you guys to feel like it is not appreciated. This is not a goal that could have ever been achieved without the effort of the whole fleet. You will notice that all the guys I named are members of fleet leadership. That is why I promoted them. Because they lead with their actions before asking anything of the fleet. I have the highest respect for all three of them.

Now! All that having been said it is time for us to shift fire to new overall fleet goals. Laughing Anything we choose to do now is going to be easier to accomplish. Seriously, we have completed what is probably the most difficult task in the game.

I think we should make paying off Beano a top priority.
The fleet is going to reset to the bottom of the ladders soon.
More wars.
More contests.

Other suggestions? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thenewdeal.forumotion.com
Odo fitz Gilbert

Odo fitz Gilbert

New Goals for FDR Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goals for FDR   New Goals for FDR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Odo here --

I think that one of the fleet goals really ought to include some sort of research into war tactics, including detailed instructions on how to set up your browser, and mathematical modeling of what are the best coats for any given combo of GSE (Guns, Shields, Engines). I know that there are many statements out there about what the "best" is, but I don't see any supporting evidence, other than the obvious fact that Mr. A. pwns the rest of us in single combat and that larger numbers are better.

Once we get the LabCoat paid off, or possibly before, I think we should also look to our philosophical Goal. The is The New Deal, and if we look back to that time, the New Deal was devoted to putting in support infrastructure, putting people to useful work, and also had a strong populist base. That might translate into paying attention to fleet tactics of other fleets and expressing our opinions of them in a concrete way when they are overly egregious to others, not just when one of ours is attacked. Not quite sure where this is going, but FDR's USA was a force for good, at least in the tales.

And for Christmas I want a VirtuaPony mark III.

-- Odo out.
Back to top Go down
Billy Joe Bob
Admin
Billy Joe Bob

New Goals for FDR Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goals for FDR   New Goals for FDR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Sweet reply. Thanks Odo!
Back to top Go down
https://thenewdeal.forumotion.com
Comsat Angel

New Goals for FDR Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goals for FDR   New Goals for FDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:54 am

Odo that is a good idea... now, I do not have scientific data to back what I have to say. But I have studied the war mechanisms in the game. I have MMed some of my observations and some were confirmed by our war with ITC.

I willl create a forum on "war tactics" if we dont already have it for the benefit of this entire fleet.

I also agree with your sentiment about being the world hero... but we gotta have the "big stick" to back that up... so send me your AICBs!... just kidding. Also wrong cousin...

We shoudl talk more abotu our philosophy... I support that idea as well
Back to top Go down
Odo fitz Gilbert

Odo fitz Gilbert

New Goals for FDR Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goals for FDR   New Goals for FDR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 am

Yes, we would need a big stick, but if we have continuing membership and some commitment, I think that within six months we could be at a level where fleets significantly above us in "level" would have to pay attention. It's a dream, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Goals for FDR Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goals for FDR   New Goals for FDR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Goals for FDR
Page 1 of 1