The New Deal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The New Deal

This is [FDR] The New Deal's fleet page.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Armory revamping.

Go down 
+3
bridge
beano
Comsat Angel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Comsat Angel

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Armory revamping.   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:10 pm

So it occurs to me that we have long since past the 15/15/15 goal. We as a fleet are beyond the point where really any of us need the rare weapons in the armory.

So my thought is that we should simplify the armory now. Below are items that I feel the fleet doesnt need

FBAs
GBs
C7Ds
DUPs
XEOs
C7S?
GBAs? (we have like 14 of them kicking around in the armory)

The rare labcoat gear can always be used. OALBs might be needed for malfing.

Ideas

1. We can sell these items off to make some cash to turn over into bigger gear.
2. We can sell some of these items to fleeties for super cheap (limited # per person) if they want for their own, to use and/or nom
3. We can donate some of them to the trainees (if they need em) because of their armory theft. (this is another issue I wanted to discuss Who the fuck gave that guy armory permission?)

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
beano

beano

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armory revamping.   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Well first of all who uses what? Do people have enough stuff for various builds? If someone has a decent juggy but not enough for a turtle its good to have it all on hand.

Secondly what if someone new joins the fleet who needs to use the stuff?

Thirdly - how many of each item do we have? Is it an unreasonably large number?

Responses to suggestions

1. We'd need to sell alot of stuff for better gear, useful but not necessarily great - unless we have enough for a CPAI or C3ET.

2. Maybe - but I expect if people want personal stuff to ask around and see if people have spares...

3. Maybe - depends on what there armoury is like.

All possble ideas but consideration/disscusion is needed before we even start doing it.
Back to top Go down
bridge

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armory revamping.   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:41 pm

j_browne wrote:

1. We can sell these items off to make some cash to turn over into bigger gear.
2. We can sell some of these items to fleeties for super cheap (limited # per person) if they want for their own, to use and/or nom
3. We can donate some of them to the trainees (if they need em) because of their armory theft. (this is another issue I wanted to discuss Who the fuck gave that guy armory permission?)

Generally, I'd prefer to keep 15 of each non-consumable rare in the armory. It isn't a huge amount of money, and is a nice-to-have.

It's nice for new people who join the FDR, but don't have a full set of everything.

That being said, if we get a full set of Rare+ items, I can live with dropping the corresponding Rare items, with the provision that shields are in high demand.

Bridgeburners
Back to top Go down
Odo fitz Gilbert

Odo fitz Gilbert

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armory revamping.   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:35 pm

Well, I have two GBA s out on near permanent loan and I use one all the time and two for my juggy build. I have a personal GBA-MkII that I'd love to have enough NOM's and tape to mod up to MkIII, and the same with my DUP-MkII. All of this is to say that I do use the GBA's, and any newcomer to the fleet is likely to want to use some, too, ditto for the FBA's due to their low malf. Keeping a supply of them doesn't seem to me to be a big hardship on the fleet, but if you're selling off five DUP's or GBA's, and their cheap enough, I'll buy them for NOMs.

Bottom line, keep a reasonable supply and sell the rest internally.
Back to top Go down
Intentional Stance

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Armory revamp   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:09 pm

What is the scale of the issue? If we sold all of these things, how much could we make and would it actually let us by anything useful?
Back to top Go down
Cyragon

Cyragon

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armory revamping.   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 pm

I seldom borrow anything other than Labcoat gear. Occassionally, I will play with various builds so I have taken out the C8S & the PEs a few times. I have a 3 GBAs of my own at various NOM levels plus 2 FBAs (aloso NOMd).

I'm not sure where we are in getting TFDs armory rebuilt, but maybe some of the excess can go down there.i
Back to top Go down
Intentional Stance

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Use of items   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:00 pm

I make heavy use of armory items, not just the lab gear.

BJB and Comsat persuaded me a long time ago to sell any personal weapons etc to raise money to improve my hull. I am currently wearing :

x2] Class VII Energy Shield - [Uninstall] - LOANED
[x4] Class VIII Drive Unit - [Uninstall] - LOANED
[x1] Class VIII Energy Shield - [Uninstall] - LOANED
[x2] Phaser Emitter Array - [Uninstall] - LOANED
[x1] Plasma Cannon - [Uninstall] - LOANED

I also haven't NOM'd anything for the same reason.

Once I have my Dred V I'll think about getting my own gear and NOMing
Back to top Go down
hawkely

hawkely

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armory revamping.   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm

I very rarely use anything other then the lab gear; as I already own a fair number of VR's, like SSC's, a PB, a PC, and my favorite, two MTC's.... not to mention the less used others I have.... XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.themessycorner.blogspot.com
Intentional Stance

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: C3's   Armory revamping. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 pm

That's as maybe H - but you do appear to be offline with the C3's Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armory revamping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armory revamping.   Armory revamping. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armory revamping.